Friday, June 19, 2009

Rolling Over from Back to Tummy!

Holy cow. I totally didn't see this one coming. Ian rolled over from his back to his belly this afternoon (at 3 months, 3 days). And he even got his hand out from underneath him and propped himself up and started playing on his tummy. Amazing. I still haven't been able to video record him rolling over from his belly to his back and now I have yet another move to try and capture!

Ian has been crazy fussy lately and he's pulling on his ears a lot. Based on other mothers' reports and what I have read, I assume that this is a symptom of teething. But it doesn't necessarily mean I will see teeth real soon. (I just asked my mom when I first teethed and she said that I didn't have my first tooth until 7 months. I wonder if my husband teethed sooner.) Anyway, just to make sure he wasn't sick, I took Ian's temperature. It was 99.7 and 99.9 (I took it twice because I wanted to make sure I did it correctly). I'm pretty sure that these temps are in the range of normal for a baby, so I guess Ian isn't sick. I also took his temperature right after giving him a warm bath and so that may have elevated the temps a bit. I will double check again tonight.

My guess is that he's probably just fussy because he's really over-tired. He doesn't nap well and he didn't sleep all that well last night either. I was out of bed twice to feed him and two different times to soothe him after he woke up crying. Sigh. At least we both took a 90 minute nap early this afternoon and he's sleeping in his swing now. Hopefully he'll wake up a happier baby.

1 comment:

Meg. said...

Hi MDZ ~

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and comment!

I'm so happy that surrogacy worked for your sister. Stories like these give me hope.

And while I'm at it, can I just say that Ian is SUCH an attractive little man! =) Congratulations to the little guy on his first "roll-over."

I look forward to reading back through your blog to catch up on your story!

Hope you're having a lovely day!