Sunday, January 25, 2009

Baby Shower!

I had an amazing weekend. My mom and sister flew in from Florida, my sister-in-law and niece flew in from Baltimore, my friend Lynn flew in from California and the rest of my local family and friends came over for a fantastic baby shower. My sister planned a really great party. We played the "guess how big my belly is" game and my husband's grandmother got the closest! And then we played 2 different MadLib games written by my brother and sister, which were absolutely hysterical. I was in tears I was laughing so hard. And my friend Lynn put together a fantastic scrap book that I can continue to use when my little guy gets here. And my mother-in-law catered the entire thing and everyone loved the food, especially the to-die-for chocolate cake. I got a lot of goodies at the shower - lots of things from my registry and some great gifts that I had never thought about. The whole event made me feel very loved and special.

As of Saturday, I'm 33 weeks pregnant and weigh 166.5 pounds, which puts me at a 24 pound weight gain. I saw the midwife this past week and when I asked her if she could guestimate how big the baby will be, she thinks he will be perfectly average, which is about 7.5 pounds. After not having seen me for a month, my mother also revised her guestimate from 6 pounds 6 ounces to a "larger baby." Mom, for some reason, thinks I look quite big, but everyone I've met (including those women at the childbirth education class) make me think that I'm not actually that large as a pregnant woman. It doesn't really matter. I'm quite happy with the amount of weight I've gained and I think I will bounce back after the birth.

No comments: