Saturday, January 17, 2009

32 weeks

Today is the start of week 32 and I was 166.0 pounds on the scale, giving me a cumulative weight gain of 23.5 pounds. I'm starting to feel really huge and uncomfortable, which is disheartening because I have 9 full weeks left to go! It's amazingly hard to find a comfortable position to be in and even if I do find that comfortable position, within 1 hour, it's no longer comfortable.

Two days ago, I had really bad and painful gas and I think I was also dehydrated, but all of a sudden, I didn't feel so good. And I asked my husband to help me sit up on the couch (which hurt) and I was kind of just whiny and moaning and he felt my belly and it was rock solid. He said, "you're having a contraction." And I was like, "Ohhhhhhhhh!" I didn't think Braxton-Hicks contractions hurt, but maybe they don't and my pain was from the gas (which is quite likely). Anyway, I drank a ton the next day and felt much better overall. I really need to remember to drink and drink LOTS.

I am pampering myself today by getting my a full foil highlight and haircut. I really need it! I haven't gotten any highlights since getting pregnant and it's just time to do it. I want to look pretty for my baby shower next weekend. ;-) And I'm pretty sure that highlighting (versus dying) is safe because the chemicals don't touch my roots. But either way, I'm in my 3rd trimester now and I don't think it could be too harmful. I still haven't taken ANY drugs during this pregnancy other than the progesterone shots for the first 10 weeks, my prenatal vitamin and a fish oil pill. I haven't even taken Tylenol! So I'm justifying my highlights in this fashion.

No comments: