Saturday, January 3, 2009

30 weeks!

Today, I started my 30th week of pregnancy. I can't believe that I am 75% (and possibly more) of the way there! Dr. Google told me that 100% of babies born after 29 weeks are viable and so while I don't expect anything bad to happen, it is reassuring to read that statistic. And since I am keeping track of my weight, I am up to 163.5 pounds, which puts me at a 21 pound weight gain. I've started eating salad again and it doesn't appear to be making me super bloated and so that's a good thing. The heart burn that I had early last week also seems to have gone away. I think I was working too hard and too late and eating too fast because once I slowed down and relaxed a bit, it went away.

The baby still seems to be sleeping through the night (unlike me). I feel him kicking during the day and all the way up to 11 pm or midnight, but then when I wake up in the middle of the night to switch positions, I don't feel him. I'm still pretty sure that he isn't waking me up and that I'm only waking up because I need to change positions (because my arms get numb when I lay on my side). It will be interesting to see how this baby sleeps once he is born.

Today we went to Jordans to pick up the baby's dresser. Our neighbor was nice enough to lend us his pickup truck so that we didn't have to spend $110 on delivery. Once my husband finishes installing the chair rail in the baby's room (and then fixing up the paint that got screwed up), I can't wait to see the dresser in the room. And on Monday, UPS should be delivering the baby's crib bedding, which is really exciting! It's all coming together quite nicely. I'm getting super excited and while I'm still nervous for labor/delivery, the childbirth education classes that we're going to next weekend should help with that.

No comments: