Friday, October 10, 2008

It's a boy!

It's a boy! How exciting!

The sonographer said, "It's a boy! Wait, now I'm not sure. Oh man, I don't know what the heck it is." Five minutes later, the sonographer said, "It's a boy! Oh...well...I'm still not sure." But finally, after another 10 minutes, he said he was 95% sure it was a boy! My husband kept asking, "What's that between his legs?" Answer, "that's his feet." 5 minutes passes, "What's that between his legs?" Answer, "that's the umbilical cord."

This baby was not being cooperative. He was all curled up and facing my back. He appeared completely uninterested in giving us a nice profile shot. At one point he looked right up at us and blinked and that was both cool and slightly scary! He still looks quite like a skeleton.

But we saw 4 chambers of the heart, the cerebellum, 2 kidneys, the liver, measured the length of the femur and humerus, and saw 10 fingers and 10 toes. The sonographer said that the baby, at this stage, was "perfect." The head is measuring a little bit on the big side compared to the rest of his body. As if I didn't fear childbirth enough!!!!

No comments: