Saturday, October 18, 2008

19 weeks and Fun with Bloating

I'm 19 weeks today and I was 150.5 pounds on the scale (a gain of 8 pounds). I've been feeling pretty good except for some ridiculous bloating that has made eating not very fun. I talked to the nurse about it and she said to follow the following rules:

1. Chew very slowly and relax while eating

2. Avoid sugary foods (but ice cream is okay because it has cream and protein!)

3. Avoid fried foods (which I do anyway because they always hurt my tummy)

4. Eat 6 meals a day instead of 3 males with regular portion sizes. I think this is mostly where I've gone wrong so far.

5. Avoid cabbage and broccoli and other gas-producing veggies (This must be why I've been avoiding salad already)

So I will try and follow her advice, rather than taking an OTC gas medication. I'm not sure it is working though. Today, as of 6 pm, I've had a bowl of cereal with strawberries, a toasted bagel with fake butter and one egg, some cheese and an apple and yep, I'm bloated. And I definitely didn't eat too much.

I still don't think I've felt the baby kick yet. I hope it happens in the next week or two.

I found out today that a high school acquaintance, someone that I swam with, is also pregnant with her first child and is also 19 weeks. Turns out that her official due date is 2 days before mine! How funny is that?!

The husband and I are busy getting prepared for Halloween. We have skull lights lining our front walkway, cobwebs on our bushes and are prepared to carve two pumpkins tomorrow. We also have schloads of candy because we are expecting schloads of kids. In fact, I think I'll stay home from work on the 31st so that I can see all of the trick-or-treaters, including the ones that come by early, when it is still kind of light outside. Man, I love Halloween. I love Thanksgiving more though. ;-)

No comments: