Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sammy is 9 months old!

I'm a little late on this post.  But Sammy is 9 months old!


This isn't the best chair photo she's ever taken, but after I took this picture, Sammy was either flinging the stuffed puppy around or trying to launch herself off the chair.  The pictures that I did take while trying to prevent her from falling off the chair were not so good.  :-)

On Sammy's 9 month anniversary, we went back to the doctor for her "well-baby" visit.  Except I knew she wasn't well because after a terrible night, she woke up and her face was pretty puffy.  At this point, I knew the second round of Augmentin didn't work (she started exhibiting sick symptoms roughly 2 days after we stopped the antibiotics).  Her right ear is still infected (to the point there is puss) and so the doctor switched her to another antibiotic - Azithromycin.  This time we only have to give her antibiotic once a day for 5 days (which sure beats twice a day for 10 days!)  We're on day 4 now and she seems much better, although her nose is still running a lot.  I've got my fingers crossed that this last round of antibiotics will finally clear the infection.

But here are her 9 month stats:

Height:  29 inches - 92%
Weight:  17 pounds, 10.1 ounces - 29%
Head circumference:  43.3 cm - 30%

My father-in-law likes to graph out the progression of her weight and height gain and as he points out, she has some "nice, smooth curves."  Momma is proud!

No comments: