Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Florida Vacation!

We had a fantastic time in Florida on vacation.  The weather was amazing the entire time.

Despite my worries about traveling with Sammy (because she had an ear infection and the antibiotics were KILLING her stomach), it was a very easy trip.  I didn't need any of the 5 extra outfits I packed for her and I only needed to change her poopy diaper once on the plane (and thank god, the poop was contained).  I nursed her during take-off and she slept for the first 90 minutes of the flight.  And Ian was FANTASTIC.  He was a total dream kid.  He sat nicely in his seat for the entire trip, played with his leap pad, watched the TV and talked to us.  The people sitting behind us couldn't believe he wasn't even 3 yet.

We spent a bunch of time with my sister and the twins.  Shawn was very happy to play with Ian and Dylan enjoyed reading bedtime stories to Ian.


Both boys took a great interest in Sammy, who loves loves loves(!) the swing.  We went to the park multiple times and she spent over 30 minutes in the swing each time.  Ian never liked the swing as a baby (and still doesn't as an almost 3-year old) but Sammy laughs and smiles the entire time she swings.


We went to the beach once.  It was a good experience but we decided not to go back again because it is quite the schlep with the 2 kids, sand gets everywhere and neither Ian nor Sammy really loved it.  But we got a lot of good pictures there!


We went to my parent's clubhouse pool a lot and Ian got more and more comfortable in the water.  By the end of the week, he was jumping off the side of the pool, putting his head in the water and even going under water.  I loved going underwater with him.  He kept his eyes open and gave me huge smiles under the water!  It's too bad we didn't have our underwater camera with us.  Sammy also went in the pool, but she didn't seem to care whether she was in or out of the water.  She really liked chewing on the green turtle pool toy though!

 

My husband and I were each able to get a 1 hour massage, which felt really nice.  The massage therapist told me that the muscles in my upper back were "bedrock."  That's what you get when you work full time and take care of 2 kids!  I really wanted to see a movie in the theater too, but Sammy had such severe mommy-itis that my parents were uncomfortable taking care of her and I didn't want to leave them with a screaming baby.

The trip back home also went well, but boy were we tired by the time we unpacked and got ready for work/school the next day!  I can't wait to go back again next year.  It's so very nice to see my family and it's such an easy trip (because there is room for all of us to sleep, my mom buys diapers and wipes, we don't have to think about food or grocery shopping, etc.).  It's such a nice vacation!!

No comments: