Monday, March 7, 2011

30 Weeks!

I'm starting my 30th week of pregnancy today.  My, how fast time has flown!  I'm up 23 pounds (which is 2 more pounds than I gained at this stage in my pregnancy with Ian), so I'm doing okay so far on that front.  There isn't much to report.  The baby's room is now painted a soft lavender and my husband has hung up the black-out shade and curtains.  Next weekend, our plans include buying the baby's dresser.  And I need to run to Babies R Us to get another changing pad and changing pad covers.

The construction work on our basement has finally begun.  They've torn apart the bathroom and framed the unfinished room to separate the finished space from the storage space.  This week they'll be jackhammering through the concrete foundation in order to replumb the 1/2 bathroom to create the full bathroom.  I'm still crossing my fingers that all of this work will be done before the baby is born so that we have a nice, usable guest room and bathroom in our basement.

Ian continues to be as cute as ever.  He loves to drink smoothies (which he calls "moonies").  We use Stoneyfield Farm banilla yogurt and frozen fruit (such as mango, pineapple and blueberries) and dump in a various assortment of vegetables (e.g., spinach, broccoli, green beans, peas).  We're looking forward to celebrating his 2nd birthday soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! 30 weeks! congrats! sounds like the nursery is coming together. i hope you'll share pics! i have to live vicariously through you since i have no room for a nursery!