Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cancun

We've now been in Cancun for 3 full days and we're having a blast.  Ian is a fearless little kid.  He ran into the ocean the first day, got knocked over by a wave and came up sputtering, but laughing.  He's having fun digging in the sand with his grandpa and getting to know all of his older cousins.  Right before vacation, I bought Ian a little book called "My first truck book".  We use it at every meal so that he'll sit still for longer and it works like a charm.  He LOVES that book and will read it over and over and over.  He recognizes the snow plow ("no plow!"), the tractor and fire truck.  

My parents are extremely impressed that Ian knows all of his letters.  He loves being quizzed and is so proud of himself when he says the correct letter.  His vocabulary and speech are getting better and better.  He actually said "Elmo" a couple of times so far instead of "Melmo."  And he's putting more and more words together.  He spoke his first 4 word sentence on this trip:  "Bye-bye Mama purple toe."  I'm not sure why he said "Bye-bye" but he was commenting on the fact that I have purple polish on my toe nails.  

I'm looking forward to the next 3 days of this vacation.  It's great fun to spend time with my family.  The all inclusive resort we're staying at is very nice.  We have an amazing room overlooking the ocean.  And we paid extra to have a suite so that we didn't have to tip-toe and whisper around Ian during naptime or after he went to bed at night.  And the weather has been fantastic - sunny and about 80 degrees every day.  I wish I felt a bit better physically - my feet and lower back are aching - but it's all good.  I'm happy to have made it to 19 weeks and I feel Shortie very low in my belly every day.

No comments: