Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Update

I'm feeling guilty about not updating my blog more often.  I did so many posts when Ian was 6 months old and I feel that I have very few for Sammy.  But such is life, I suppose.  I'm the last of 3 children and there are one-third the number of baby pictures of me as for my sister, who was my parent's first child.

The kids continue to grow up and while I can't wait for Ian to get out of his tantrum-throwing toddler stage, I want to put my foot on the brakes!  When I was putting Sammy in her crib the other night, I noticed how big and heavy she was getting.  My my.  My little sweet Sammy isn't so little anymore!  She's doing really nicely these days.  She's sitting up on her own without falling over.  She's not showing any interest in being on her tummy or learning to crawl, but she's happy to sit and play with toys.  She's extremely grabby and has an amazingly strong pincer grip.  She can really rip the crap out of your face when she gets a hold of your skin!  We still don't see any teeth, but I imagine they'll be coming in soon since she's been a drooly disaster lately.  Within the last week, she has also started to make repetitive noises like "ga ga ga" or "da da da".  According to my doctor, that's a developmental milestone so yeah for Sammy!

And Ian is doing well.  He's still no where close to being potty trained, but he won't be turning 3 until March so I'm not going to press the issue.  The people at daycare say he's not ready and I agree.  So there's no reason to push it.  He's going to start swim lessons soon with his Baba and Gramps and they've agreed to spend some time with him on the weekend after the lessons.  So that's great for me and my husband because it means we'll be able to get some things done around the house without a toddler underfoot.

We've made a lot of progress on fixing up the house.  We have the cracks in the basement fixed.  We got all of our wood gutters ripped off and replaced with seamless aluminum gutters.  Not only are the new gutters not rotted, but they're mounted correctly and can handle the amount of water running off the roof.  So we shouldn't have any more puddling outside our foundation and hopefully our basement will remain dry now.  The tile guy we hired just started working in the basement to install the 20x20 porcelain tiles we chose.  I can't wait to see the basement look finished again!

No comments: