Saturday, November 26, 2011

7 months old!!

Sammy is 7 months old and to celebrate, she has a new tooth!  Her bottom tooth on the right side is poking through.  We saw it in the park yesterday and today, I put my finger inside and could feel it.  Hopefully, she'll sleep better soon, now that the pesky little tooth has cut through her gum.  She continues to be a super and ridiculously happy baby.  You don't even have to try to make her laugh.  She gives big smiles just when you talk to her and focus on her.  She really is as happy as she appears on the photo below!


And because I can't get enough of how cute she is, here is a picture from earlier in the week.


I love her big blue eyes.  We are a family of four and we all have different eye colors.  Mine are green. My husband's are hazel.  Ian's eyes are dark dark brown and Sammy has these beautiful blue eyes.

We had a good Thanksgiving at my in-laws.  My mother-in-law is such a good cook.  She made a kosher turkey (after plucking feathers for 1 hour!), homemade cranberry sauce, wild rice/mushrooms/chestnuts (instead of stuffing), double-baked potatoes, baked yams and butternut squash soup.  And for dessert, she made a hazelnut torte.  We brought over some delicious brussel sprouts and banana bread with chocolate chips and walnuts.

And the weather over the past 3 days has been amazing.  It started off in the high 40s and the past 2 days has made its way into the 60s.  We've been going to the park every morning to ensure that both Ian and Sammy have some good outside time.  Come the New Year, I doubt I'll be praising our New England weather.  :-)

Here we are at the park on Thanksgiving.  Look at that blue sky!

No comments: