Monday, May 16, 2011

3 weeks old!

My official due date was yesterday, but Samantha is 3 weeks old today.  Time is flying!  She continues to be a fantastic baby, feeding every 2 hours during the day and every 3 hours or so at night.  And she is rarely fussy and sleeps well between feeds at night.  Of course, we're more relaxed parents and so when she isn't in the mood to sleep in the pack n' play or in the bouncy seat, we bring her into our bed, where she seems very comforted being next to us.  She rarely uses the pacifier, which is SO different than her brother (who was an extreme pacifier addict).  And she makes lots of different noises - grunting, squealing and whinnying like a horse.  And now she seems to be making eye contact, which is really nice.  In 3 more weeks, I hope to see a real social smile.  Sammy's eyes are dark blue and bluer than Ian's eyes ever were and so it will be interesting to see if they stay blue.

Physically, I am healing nicely although I am still suffering from very bad nighttime sweats.  I'm soaking through multiple T-shirts and nightgowns per night.  Today, I decided it was probably a good idea to wash our mattress cover.  I don't remember this problem lasting as long after Ian was born, but my memory on this point is fuzzy.  I just hope it goes away soon.  It's so uncomfortable waking up drenched!  As far as weight loss goes, I was 152.5 pounds this morning, which means 10 more pounds to lose to return to pre-pregnancy weight.  The weight is definitely coming off more slowly this time around.  It will be good when I can exercise again.

Our basement project is finally done!  We passed final inspection this past Friday and began moving all our junk back into our newly refinished storage area.  And my parents are using the new guest room that we created downstairs and are loving the new basement bathroom shower.  Hooray!  Now that we have extra guest space, I can start organizing Sammy's room as a real nursery.  It's time to wash more clothing and put them into her new dresser.  She will probably fit in newborn clothes for 1 more week and then we'll need to move onto the 0-3 month clothing.  As of this past Friday the 13th, she weighed 7 pounds, 15.4 ounces (go go gadget boobies!) and was 20.75 inches long.

No comments: