Monday, February 21, 2011

28 Weeks!

I'm 28 weeks pregnant today and this baby girl is kicking me like CRAZY.  One of her pokes/jabs/punches/elbows actually woke me up yesterday as I was attempting to nap.  And I'm still having wicked bad cramps down low, which I'm going to ask my doctor about next week.  I'm up 21 pounds now, which is actually quite similar to where I was when pregnant with Ian.  I looked back at my blog and when 28 weeks, 3 days pregnant with Ian, I was up 20.5 pounds.  So I'm glad that the weight gain evened out because I gained much more earlier on with this pregnancy than I did when pregnant the first time.

I can't believe that Ian is almost 2 years old.  He is speaking in full sentences now and I see progress every single day with him.  It's amazing to watch how quickly he develops and learns.  This morning, he said "Momma, get off couch."  And I said, "Where do you want to go?"  And in the past, he would just start to whine and pull my finger to get me up and drag me where he wanted to go.  But this morning, he paused, thought a little bit and said, "Go to little table" meaning that he wanted to go play with his Lego table.  It was great!

My dad is visiting for the week.  He's going to go skiing a couple of days and paint the baby's room a couple of days.  We're having some fresh snow right now and he's out shoveling the driveway (despite the fact that the snow is going to continue to come down).  He just wanted to play out there.  As for me, I'm going to take full advantage of my office being closed for President's Day but daycare being open.

No comments: