Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Job

I'm blogging from my new job, which is going well so far. I have an internal office and so I'm missing my big law firm windows on the 38th floor overlooking the Charles River. And I'm still not loving the smell of this building. It even followed me home and you could smell the creosote odor on my clothing and even the paperwork I brought home. I'm also missing all of the food choices available to me in downtown Boston. I packed my own lunch yesterday and today, which, while boring, will be cheaper and probably better for my waistline. And I've been struggling to learn all of the new computer systems, including MS Word 2007. It is so funky compared to MS Word 2003! And as a total bummer, they've blocked pandora and so I can't stream music into my office. I'll have to use my new iphone, which I should be receiving soon, to play music.

But everyone here has been extraordinarily nice and welcoming and it seems like a great team. People actually come by and say hello, which pretty much didn't happen at the law firm. And my new boss has already given me an actual work assignment, which is good.

Ian is doing very well these days. He has officially switched over to the toddler room and appears to be happy there. Yesterday, he even walked to the playground while holding onto a rope with all of the other kids. I'm so proud of my little guy! He seems to be repeating more words now. He says "ball" very readily and it seems like he now wants to say "kitty cat." He definitely recognizes the picture of the cat in the animal book that we read to him and he gets very excited and happy to see the picture. My parents are coming into town tomorrow for a visit and I can't wait for them to see Ian. He's gotten so big and grown so much since they last saw him.

No comments: