Friday, May 21, 2010

FET schedule!

We had our "pre-op" appointment with our RE yesterday, which involved signing consent forms and meeting with the nurse to go over the schedule. Given that we have 3 frozen embryos, the doctor thought it was quite likely that we would be able to attempt a FET. We made the decision not to do assisted hatching to avoid any increases in the possibility of having multiples (because assisted hatching increases the likelihood that the one embryo will split into two). I have mixed feelings about this because when we did IVF/ICSI to get Ian, they used assisted hatching. But 2 years ago, she said they coupled ICSI and assisted hatching automatically and now she doesn't think assisted hatching is that important. So based on her advice, we chose not to do it.

As for the schedule, I will be starting the estrace pills on the first day of my next period, which will be at the end of May/early June with a transfer scheduled mid-to-late June. Wow! Quick! We're heading to St. Croix on Saturday and all of this will start up when we return. Amazing. This timing definitely snuck up on me quickly, but I'm excited!!!

1 comment:

Ky said...

Hi Maddy,

We had a failed fresh IVF as of 5/12. We're starting the FET (we only have one!). I just started BCP on Sunday and the FET is scheduled for July 14th as that is the only available time for the doctor/clinic. I don't live in a big city and he is the only doc who does IVF. I'm hoping this works and am going to request AH. Our problem is due to male infertility issues. Best of luck to you!