Wednesday, December 23, 2009

First Ear Infection

Ian is suffering from his first ear infection. We took him to the doctor the other morning because he had a low-grade fever for 2 days in a row and was just not acting like himself. I don't remember the last time he was screaming inconsolably WHILE I held him. It was probably back when he was 6 weeks old and suffering from horrible gas pain. So now we get to squirt amoxicillin in his face three times a day for 10 days. Oh what fun. It is NOT easy medicating this baby. Hell, he won't even let me wipe his nose, let alone squirt pink liquid down his gullet. But this too shall pass.

He hasn't been eating too well lately and getting him to nurse has been a bit of a fight too. I'm not sure if he's just feeling off because of this never-ending cold or whether his teeth are bothering him. All I know is that it is tough to be a baby! Let's hope that he feels better for our long holiday weekend together.

No comments: