Saturday, February 28, 2009

38 Weeks!

I've made it to 38 weeks and now I'm even more sure than ever that this boy will be delivered after my due date. ;-) I woke up with a new symptom today - both my hands are swollen, but my right hand much more so than my left hand. My feet and ankles are still swollen, but not as bad as I would expect given the swelling in my hands. I think I definitely need to go swimming today. Hopefully that will help my body redistribute the fluid that is in my hands.

I was 169.5 pounds on the scale this morning. I can look at that two different ways. I either lost weight from last week, or I didn't gain any weight over the last 2 weeks. Either way, at this point, I'm up 27 pounds total.

Despite the swollen hands, the Braxton-Hicks contractions, the bladder pressure and the inability to roll over in bed without grunting, I feel like I'm playing more of a mental game than a physical one at this point. I'm anxious waiting for labor to start and I wish I knew when it would start. We have done everything we can to get ready for this baby. His room is all set up. His clothes are washed in Dreft. We have the car seat, stroller, bouncy seat, play mat, books and even toys. We just need a baby!

No comments: