Tuesday, February 17, 2009

36+ Week Doctor's Appointment

I had my 36+ week appointment today and all is well. My blood pressure was 120/76 and the baby's heartbeat sounded nice and strong and was in the 150s. The doctor even said the swelling in my feet and ankles was "minimal," which makes me think (a) I'm a whiner and (b) that swimming 60 laps yesterday really helped redistribute the fluid. The doctor also did the Group B strep test (a vaginal swab) and I'll find out at next week's appointment whether I'm in 20% of the population that tests positive and requires IV antibiotics during labor/delivery. The baby has not yet engaged and is still "floating," which explains why I'm still carrying on the high side. I'm preparing myself mentally for a delivery that goes beyond my March 15 due date (although I think I will make Friday, March 13 my last day of work).

No comments: