Monday, March 12, 2012

My Little Girl is Standing!

Sammy has been pulling up for quite some time now but tonight I watched her letting go of the things she was holding onto for support.  So I decided to stand her up in the middle of the room and see how she did and she stood for over 30 seconds and only came down because she wanted to sit, not because she fell down.  I'm so proud of her!


We also did some new things this weekend.  I figured Sammy might like to get out of her car seat and so when we went to BJs, we put her in the shopping cart.  And we also broke out the second seat for our stroller and she had a blast while we went for a long walk.



And the weather was so beautiful today (it was 74 degrees!) that my husband and I both left work a little early to spend some time outside with the kids.  We walked 2 laps around our neighborhood while Ian rode his bike.  He was so psyched to wear his new Lightning McQueen helmet!


I think I've grown into motherhood as Ian has grown up a bit.  He was a really difficult infant and toddler for me, but now that he's a preschooler and almost 3 (!), it is pure joy to be around him.  He is so bright and curious about everything.  He remembers things I told him months and months ago even though I only said it once.  He holds my hand when we walk in parking lots and gives me hugs for no reason.  He wrote his name last week after learning to trace letters and is 100% potty trained.  Tonight after he already went to bed, I heard him get up and go to the bathroom on his own!  Amazing.  Let's hope he will do that in the middle of the night too because he's been waking us up around 2 or 3 am each night for the last 3 weeks so that we can help him go to the bathroom.  

It's amazing to watch my children grow up into such wonderful little beings!  And I leave on this note - Sammy was so incredibly wiped out tonight.  She didn't nap that much at daycare and by 6:45 pm, was really ready for bed.  She was sighing and putting her head down on our shoulders.  It felt sooo good.  I wanted to hold her like that forever.  Here is my husband's lucky time with her.


No comments: