Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Son is Growing Up

I'm happy to say that I no longer dread the weekends.  I'm actually really looking forward to spending time with my son.  Why?  Because he's growing up!  Lately, he's been throwing far fewer tantrums and it's possible to get him to calm down and talk about what is bothering him.  He still has his moments and I still get frustrated with him, but overall, he's really a great kid to be around.  I think going to preschool has been very good for him.  He seems to really love it and the change in his personality seems to coincide with the timing of him going to preschool.  He absolutely ADORES books and will let you read to him for hours if you want to.  Here he is in a crown he made at preschool.  My King Ian.


We met up with friends yesterday and went out to lunch and he was so well-behaved in the restaurant.  It was amazing.  To treat him for good behavior, we ordered him chocolate ice cream.  And when we got home, we gave him an early Hanukkah present and let him watch his first movie ever - the Winnie the Pooh movie.  My brother's family sent it as a gift and it was really great to share that experience with Ian.  He laughed out loud at Tigger's antics and I loved every giggle.

No comments: