Friday, July 15, 2011

Updated Bedrooms

I wanted to post pictures of Ian's updated big boy room.  The picture below was taken last weekend just after the bed was delivered, while Ian was taking a nap in our bed.  As soon as Ian woke up and saw it, he ADORED it.  Now, the bed is a mess because it is piled high with every single stuffed animal that Ian owns.  But he is so cute in it.  We have had no sleep issues since switching him from the crib to the big boy bed.  He wakes up very happy in the morning and chats with his stuffies and surprisingly, doesn't get out of bed until we come and get him.  This morning, I didn't get him until close to 7 am!


And here is Sammy's room.  We previously used this room as a guest room - it just had hard wood floors and white walls.  And now it is transformed into her special nursery.  Enjoy!



My dad pointed out that we really went with the stereotypical boy/girl colors and themes.  But I don't care.  If Ian loved butterflies and flowers, I would have given him butterflies and flowers.  But he loves trucks, trains and airplanes and so that's what I got him.  If Sammy expresses different preferences as she grows up, I'll accommodate that too.  But for now, this is what she gets and I love it!

No comments: