Wednesday, September 1, 2010

6dp3dt

Here I am, still not feeling it.  Most of my days are spent knowing with 99% certainty that I'm not pregnant.  The rest of the time, I think, "Was that a twinge in my uterus?" or "Do all of these heart palpitations, which I had during my first pregnancy, mean something?" or "Am I this bloated because I'm pregnant or is that just from the burrito I ate at lunch?"  Sigh.  I HATE this.  At least I'll POAS on Friday and know one way or the other, except I'll even second-guess that because hey, a BFN a 11 dpo doesn't necessarily mean I won't have a BFP at 12 dpo, right?  Have I mentioned that I HATE this?

I would LOVE to be proved wrong and actually have a BFP at the end of this FET #2.  But I've already planned the next steps for when I get that BFN.  I told my doctor that I don't want to bother with the one remaining frozen embryo and that I'd like to do a fresh cycle.  And I asked if I could start the suppression phase when I got my period at the end of this FET #2 and she said yes, which is awesome news.  I love not having down-time in between cycles.  So the next step includes my husband giving a sperm sample on Friday so that my RE can submit for IVF insurance approval on the day I get my negative beta.  They can't submit for approval before that negative beta so let's hope that we get the approval before my stimulation phase.  Apparently, it could take 2-3 weeks to get the approval.  And I already have my IVF pre-op appointment scheduled for September 21.  So I've got all of my ducks lined up in a row, which will make the BFN that much easier to swallow.

In the meantime, I've had to switch from doing 2 cc progesterone shots 1x per night to using vaginal suppositories 3x a day.  My butt was getting quite numb from the shots.  In addition, my skin was turning a bit red and is actually still quite painful to touch.  It hurts where my pants/shorts touch my skin and it even hurts to lean back in my chair.  The oddest part of all of this is that the skin sensitivity isn't where I got my shots.  It's closer to my hip bones and spine.  Weird, right? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have been having lots of heart palpitations. i get them here and there but i've been noticing them more. (just had one!) i'm hoping that's a good sign for both of us, but i hear you on the not feeling it. but on the other hand, how CAN we "feel it" when there's likely not supposed to be any symptoms right now anyway?

i can't believe you'll know before me. good luck friday! i really hope this works for you, but i think having plan b in place is awesome too. either you'll be so happy you have appts booked or you'll be even more thrilled to have to cancel them. win-win. :)

sorry about the PIO! i'm not having too much trouble, although my right side is one solid lump. i might have to have my left side take the hits for the next couple of days.

hang in there maddy! one more day for you! xo!