Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oh My God, I'm Busy

This is just a fly-by update so that I don't forget all of the things I want to say:

1. I am SO busy for work. I've had to work in NYC a bunch of times over the past 2 weeks and I have to go again next week. And I worked straight through this past weekend. My husband is fantastic about it and really helps out with the baby. I feel awful that I've had to dump so much on him (baby care, cooking and food shopping duties), but he seems to understand. It's not always like this at work.

2. The baby was the CUTEST dinosaur/dragon for Halloween. I have awesome pictures, but just need to find the time to post them.

3. The pestilence continues. It seems the baby contracted pink eye in his right eye and was rubbing his eye so much that the nurse was afraid that the skin around his eye was getting infected. So now we have to give him antibiotic drops in both eyes for 7 days and oral antibiotics for 10 days. I can tell you, it isn't fun to try and hold down a very squirmy, almost 8 month old, in order to get those drops in his eyes and the syringe in his mouth. Not a happy camper.

4. We are planning to go to Baltimore for Thanksgiving this year so that we can visit my brother and his family. I hope that work eases up so that I can actually go AND enjoy myself. And I'm trying not to get too nervous about a 6-8 hour drive with an almost 8 month old baby. Ian seems to love the car and so I'm crossing my fingers that it will be an easy trip.

5. When at the doctor for treatment of his recent pestilence, Ian weighed 19 pounds, 0.3 ounces. So that means he gained 1 pound, 2 ounces in roughly 2 months (and since he's been at daycare). I'm happy to see that he is still gaining even though his life is mostly out of my hands.

6. As of this weekend, Ian is now eating 3 solid meals per day. He has cereal + stage 2 fruit for breakfast, a stage 2 fruit or veggie for lunch and cereal + stage 2 veggie for dinner. He loves everything! Except for avocados, he hasn't rejected anything yet. And I think he was only rejecting the avocados because it was given to him as a finger food and not as a puree on a spoon. So we'll be trying that again.

No comments: