Monday, August 4, 2008

8 weeks, 2 days

I am now 8 weeks, 2 days pregnant. I keep waiting for the morning sickness or nausea to strike, but so far so good. I guess I will be one of those lucky women who don't get sick in their first trimester. I think if it was going to hit, it would have hit already. I'm exhausted at work today though. I've already fallen asleep at my desk once (leaving a mark on my forehead and a little bit of drool on my paperwork). Hopefully, I'll be able to get through the day. I'm also wearing one of the bella bands that I bought. My pants still fit me, but they're getting tight and uncomfortable (especially when sitting!) and so I thought I would try it out. It works pretty well! It's nice to be able to walk around with my pants unbuttoned and unzipped without anyone knowing. I actually didn't expect to have this problem for another 1 month. Before getting pregnant, I figured that since you don't start "showing" until after the 3rd month, there would be no problem with wearing regular clothing until that point. But I was wrong! My body has definitely changed and my belly is definitely bigger than it was before I was pregnant. I'm up 2.5 pounds to 144.5 and my waist has most definitely expanded. I'll look forward to the time when I'm not in this in-between, unannounced phase and I can proudly wear maternity clothing and be happy about my growing belly.

No comments: