Friday, April 18, 2014

Achieved My Weight Loss Goal

I've been wanting to lose those last 5 pounds of baby weight for a long time now.  My little girl is about to turn 3, I'm going on a week-long scuba diving vacation shortly and I'm turning 40 next month.  So I decided to kick the weight loss program into high gear.  I've been exercising more (4 times a week) and doing high intensity bursts.  I've been mixing up my workouts too (bike, run, swim, and cardio training with body weight).  I've also tried to eat healthier (although I'm already a fairly healthy eater).  I stopped eating rice/potatoes as side dishes and traded them for roasted vegetables, like squash, cauliflower and brussel sprouts.  And I did it.  According to my weight loss app on my phone, I started at 147.2 pounds 2 years ago and today, hit my goal of 140.0 pounds.  So hooray for me.  It's what I weighed just before getting pregnant with my son in 2008.

But, I'm still not totally thrilled with what I see in the mirror.  I used to have a flat stomach and now I have a bump where my stomach is.  It's not flabby or mushy, but it's not flat.  So I'm going to set a new goal of 135 pounds and see if I can achieve that.  My guess is that my stomach will look the same even with another 5 pounds gone.  I think it's a combination of age, genetics and the fact that I had 2 babies in my latish 30s.  It may just be that I'm stuck with it.  And if that's so, that's okay too.  I just want to see if another 5 pounds make a difference.  I'm 5'5" so being 135 pounds certainly isn't too skinny...

1 comment:

Conrad Mills said...

Losing all the extra weight you gained during pregnancy is indeed difficult, and the process is usually very slow. Fortunately, there are a lot of ways on how to lose it fast and in a healthy way nowadays. Yoga is one of those options, as it helps one increase their metabolism and reduce stress through rigorous yet relaxing exercises. But if you’re more into action and contact sports, martial arts is more suitable for you. Anyway, whatever exercise you choose, you will surely succeed, as long as you have the determination to do it. Cheers!

Conrad Mills @ Toronto Top Team