Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sammy and Ian's Stats at 2 and 4

I took Sammy and Ian to their well-baby doctor's visits today.  They are both doing great.  Here are their stats:

Sammy (2 years old)
Height:  36 inches (94.17%)
Weight:  25 pounds 6.4 ounces (32.69%)

I know her teachers said she was tall but I didn't realize she was this tall!  According to my mom, at 2 years old, I was 35 inches and 24 pounds 2 ounces.  So she's roughly 1 inch taller and 1 pound heavier than I was at her age.  I wonder if this means she will be taller than me.  We'll see!

Ian (4 years old)
Height:  42.5 inches (87.59%)
Weight:  39 pounds, 3.2 ounces (72.79%)

I now know why I can't lift Ian easily!  He's a big boy now!  According to my mom, at 4 years old, my brother David was 40.5 inches and 34 pounds.  It's an interesting comparison and I think it's so cool that my mom kept her little book of stats.

Sammy still had the tubes in her ears, which I was extremely thankful for.  We went an entire year without an ear infection.  Ian passed his sight and hearing test with flying colors.   So far so good on his eyes - I'm expecting him to need glasses at some point, since my vision is so absolutely terrible.  But my husband has almost perfect vision, so who knows.

I have more to say about Ian's behavior, but that will be for another post.  For now, I'm very thankful to have such healthy and robust children.

No comments: