Tuesday, August 23, 2011

4 months! And back to work...

Sammy had her 4 month well-baby visit last week (roughly 1 week before she actually turns 4 months old).  She is doing great!  Here are her stats:

Height:  24.5" (70%)
Weight:  12 pounds, 12.4 ounces (39%)
Head circumference:  40 cm (30%)

So it seems likes she's continuing her trend of being longer than fatter and having a small head!

I went back to work on the 10th.  My mom and dad, who have been visiting ever since we had the baby naming, cared for Sammy through the 19th and we started Sammy at daycare yesterday (the 22nd).  It was hard to leave her in the care of other people but I found it easier to do so since I've already been through this drill with Ian.  My mom and dad loved being with her.  My mom did all of the feeding/diapering and my dad pushed her around in the stroller when she was cranky.  It was really sad to watch them drive away this past weekend.  I was crying and my mom was bawling (which she hardly ever does).  I guess she got really attached to Sammy in the 10 days she cared for her.  And Sammy has only been in daycare 1 day but already the teachers there love her.  They said she smiled a lot, drank her bottles nicely and even napped in her crib.  I'm so glad that it looks like she'll be happy there.

Sammy hasn't rolled over yet, but she tries very hard to get into a sitting position while lying down in her bouncy seat.  I'm impressed at her use of her stomach muscles!  So she really enjoys being in her bumbo seat as you can see from the picture below!


And Ian has been doing great.  He's started singing a lot lately and as it turns out, I think he can carry a tune!  So it looks like he may not have inherited his dad's tone deafness.  :-)

No comments: