Monday, November 16, 2009

Climbing the Stairs

We were in our basement this past weekend going through the pile of clothing and toys my sister sent up to me with my parents. Ian was crawling through everything and insisted on crawling through the office and into the unfinished basement room. And every single time we brought him back into the main, finished room, he decided to head for the stairs. And so after I while, I decided to see what he would do. Well, he climbed the stairs! He climbed right on up to the landing, with me behind him making sure he wouldn't fall. I didn't expect that he could do that!

Ian now appears to understand the word "No!" although I'm not so sure if he knows what the word means or simply understands the significance behind our tone of voice. When we say "No!" sharply and in a loud voice, he stops what he is doing (usually heading over to grab my husband's computer cord or play with the Wii remotes) and looks at us with this slight unhappy, quizzical face with a furrowed brow. It is SO cute.

I love him so much. I got a little teary-eyed saying goodbye to him this morning as I'm off for another business trip in NY and won't be back until Wednesday night.

No comments: